Labs Maps Baker does not output files via TOPS

528   2   2
2 posts
I'm quite new to this... I can't get the maps baker to output baked textures...
I've got a bunch of hi meshes, with awful textures, and my goal is to polyreduce them, autouv, export the lowpoly and bake a better-looking texture.
Everything worked until I've dove into TOP's. Got it doing the first half (polyreduce,autouv,export lowpoly), but I got stuck when baking out new maps. they just won't appear in the folder. i know I'm screwing something up, but I just cant wrap my head around what exactly I'm doing wrong... attached the file.
Thanks for any help!

Image Not Found

Attachments:
hindie.steam_IiArQA7Fn6.png (74.5 KB)
hindie.steam_NEeoiZ7wAi.png (78.8 KB)
hindie.steam_SsOHRwUAPr.png (138.6 KB)
hindie.steam_q6uz7bag6Z.png (25.9 KB)
hindie.steam_eqyWl5Qjsi.png (27.7 KB)
Experiment_v2.hiplc (526.1 KB)

101 posts
Hello,

You need to tell ROP Fetch TOP the name of the parameter containing the output filename in the Maps Baker node.

It can recognize it automatically for ROPs built in Houdini, but when you work with HDAs (like the Labs Maps Baker), you have to tell the exact name of this parm (as well as the parm/button that runs the render operation, usally called "execute").

In your scene, you need to set "Output Parm Name" to "sOutputFile" in the ropfetch node.

Attachments:
Experiment_v2.[ropfetch_output_parm].hiplc (507.2 KB)
ropfetch_output_parm.png (343.0 KB)

Houdini Pipeline Supervisor @ TAT Studio
2 posts
ObeidaZakzak
Hello,

You need to tell ROP Fetch TOP the name of the parameter containing the output filename in the Maps Baker node.

It can recognize it automatically for ROPs built in Houdini, but when you work with HDAs (like the Labs Maps Baker), you have to tell the exact name of this parm (as well as the parm/button that runs the render operation, usally called "execute").

In your scene, you need to set "Output Parm Name" to "sOutputFile" in the ropfetch node.

Many many thanks ObeidaZakzak!
  • Quick Links