Epic's ML deformer example training hip file from sidefx

390   2   1
51 posts
Hello folks,

I'm trying to run the hip file that comes with the ML_Deformer plugin example project from Epic and specifically the training data muscle and tissue simulation from the sidefx example hip found in the artsource zip 'Mio_muscle_setup.hip'

Im trying to run this in hou20.x and the muscle sim goes through fine on the top network/PDG but the tissue sim keeps failing on the last set of tasks in each row.

Question 1. is it very sensitive to Houdini version? I see there is a big red sticky note with houdini version 19.5.534

Question 2. what are the changes I need to make to the tissue simulation settings in order to make this work (not fail) in houdini v20.x?

notes: I found this: Applies TO V19.0.496 , my question is related V19.5.534 > V20.X
Warning

For Muscle & Tissue set-ups and their .hip files that were created in Houdini v19.0.496 or earlier, please increase the following parameter values by the advised amounts as the recently introduced Scale-Invariant ARAP method will apply stiffness values more accurately with respect to the area of triangles and the volume of tetrahedra:

Muscle Properties SOP

Shape Stiffness parameter: Increase value by 10-100 times.

Fiber Strength parameter: Increase value by 2-10 times.

Tissue Properties SOP Shape Stiffness parameters: Increase values by 10-100 times.

Skin Properties SOP Shape Stiffness parameters: Increase values by 10-100 times.
Edited by Rob Chapman - March 28, 2024 12:37:29
https://tekano.artstation.com/ [tekano.artstation.com]
51 posts
OK so if I just ignore the PDG setup everything appears to work OK in the OBJ context, so its some problem with the Tasks / Tops / PDG logic setup that is failing / crashing. great! Im not skilled enough to debug the PDGs yet but at least I can move forward with using the bone / muscle / tissue sims provided.
https://tekano.artstation.com/ [tekano.artstation.com]
1 posts
Hey, Rob,
Any progress on this?
  • Quick Links