Apprentice is missing shelves?!

7085   5   0
7 posts
Hi guys,

I have been using H11 Apprentice HD for the last year and I wanted to test H12, but after installing the basic apprentice version (12.1.077) when I load up either Houdini or Houdini FX on the right shelf bar all I have is Lights & Fur. Where did all the other shelves disappear to?

Do I need to uninstall H11 for H12 to work? Is it a build issue?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-10-18 at 12.34.05 PM.png (213.1 KB)

スタッフ
1450 posts
You do not need to uninstall H11 for H12 to run correctly.

Most likely, the shelves have been somehow edited to contain only the Lights and the Fur.

To fix it, the easiest way is to look for the .shelf customization files in $HOME/Library/Preferences/houdini/12.1/toolbar/ directory. That's where the edits are usually saved. Try removing the default.shelf (or renaming it). That should fix the issue.
7 posts
there is no houdini folder in the preferences… is it hidden? Running on Mountain Lion.
7 posts
Found it!! Thanks for the advice!
7740 posts
Run Houdini FX, not Houdini.
スタッフ
1450 posts
Oh, yeah. Indeed the shelf sets differ between Houdini FX (previously Houdini Master) and Houdini (previously Houdini Escape). In the later, the effects tools (particles and DOPs) are not available.

Although it's probably not the source of the problem in this case since the screen grab window title indicates it's the Houdini FX that's running.
  • Quick Links