Question about custom wave for flip sim

2711   2   0
11 posts
Hi, guys

I am trying to do a flip sim using Guided Ocean Layer. When I merge the custom hero wave(oceanwave node) with oceanspecturn node and connect them to wavetank, the particles is not matching the ocean preview grid. There is a gap between them. But if I only use oceanspecturn without the custom wave, they match perfectly fine. Do you have any idea about that? Maybe I did something wrong?

I have attached the hip file and screen shot.

Thank you!

Attachments:
OceanWavaProblem.hip (1.1 MB)
CustomWaveProblem.JPG (361.8 KB)
OnlyOceanSpecturn.JPG (466.1 KB)

73 posts
Hi there,

The Ocean Source node's Falloff is set to Exponential by Frequency. In this state, it expects everything to by at y=0. Which means that the point instances you pass into Ocean Waves needs to be y=0. By setting the “ty” parameter (center-y) in “grid1” to 0, I was able to get the particles to match the preview grid.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
11 posts
rgoldade
Hi there,

The Ocean Source node's Falloff is set to Exponential by Frequency. In this state, it expects everything to by at y=0. Which means that the point instances you pass into Ocean Waves needs to be y=0. By setting the “ty” parameter (center-y) in “grid1” to 0, I was able to get the particles to match the preview grid.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

Thank you so much!! You fixed it!
  • Quick Links