RBD Constraints behaving weirdly

2455   3   1
4 posts
Hi,

I am making a simple house destructions scene where I am using a metaball for adding force and using the same metaball to break constraints as well. While simulating constraints are breaking as they should perfectly but geometry is not behaving the same way. as you can see here pieces of the wood are still hanging in the air even though there is no constraint whatsoever. Also, the timestamp is also at the same frame.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Edited by gishantsngh - 2019年6月26日 17:20:48

Attachments:
Screenshot (170).png (647.0 KB)
Screenshot (171).png (916.7 KB)

359 posts
First thing I'd do is check to make sure that the s@name attribute of all your pieces is unique. If two pieces have the same name, the RBD solver will consider them the same piece (you should see a warning on the solver if this is the case).
MOPs (Motion Operators for Houdini): http://www.motionoperators.com [www.motionoperators.com]
4 posts
Hey, thanks for the reply

I did check the names on individual pieces and they are unique as they were created by rbd material fracture so they should be unique, right? Anyway, I have attached the file to you to look up. Again thanks
Edited by gishantsngh - 2019年6月27日 01:51:05

Attachments:
TheHouseDestruction_Wrror.hipnc (3.1 MB)

4 posts
I looked again and you were absolutely right sir! It was a naming issue. Thanks a lot
  • Quick Links