Existing Operator Console Warnings with SideFX Labs

4031   2   2
11 posts
Since I installed SideFX Labs to my copy of H18 I've been getting a number of Console warnings stating that several Opalias' have the same name as existing operators. I had the GameDev Tools installed on my copy of 17.5, but did not add the install location to my H18.env file, but now I'm wondering if the GD Tools somehow migrated to 18 and are conflicting with the SFX Labs tools?

Has anyone else noticed this and or is there an easy way to remove the overlapping operators?

Thanks in advance,
Travis

Attachments:
h18_console.jpg (86.0 KB)

29 posts
No, I did not experience this when updating from 17.5 to 18.0. I only have SideFX Labs installed on 18.0, while I had GameDevToolset installed on 17.5, and I get no opalias warnings like you are.

If I were you I'd double check my environment variables with the hconfig tool you can run from the Side Effects Command Line Tools application.

My guess is that HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR is somehow the same between your 17.5 and 18.0 installs.
Edited by DougRichardson - 2019年12月4日 19:52:50

Attachments:
hconfig.PNG (25.9 KB)

11 posts
Thanks Doug,

I ended up removing the SFXLabs tools and reinstalled them. That seemed to do the trick. I appreciate the help!
  • Quick Links