Geometry pieces to FBX

2589   2   1
5 posts
Hi,

A question appeared on the Think Procedural Discord channel that felt as though it would easily be covered by TOPs (of which, admittedly, I've extremely limited experience):

“How to export different pieces of a model to individual FBX files?”

The separation of pieces was very straightforward, creating a group per piece allows TOPs to create comparable work items. One geometryInputTOP later, and we have our separated .bgeo files.

Onto writing FBX files. Given that the journey up to this point was trouble free and largely predictable, it felt as though format conversion would follow a similar pattern, but no joy so far.

All signs point toward a ROP_fetchTOP; though the relationship between this and the subsequent filmboxfbxROP is my point of failure, in a way that makes me feels as though I'm missing a fundamental piece of puzzle. The fbxROP's Export parm is what would select the geometry network to write, but in the case of Export parm vs TOPs, what's required?

I've spotted a few similar discussions around the web, including one here [www.sidefx.com], but none reach closure.

So, geometry pieces to separate FBX files. What am I missing?

Cheers.

Attachments:
pieces_tops.hiplc (164.6 KB)

603 posts
The FBX ROP needs to be told what OBJ node to export. In this case we want to load in the .bgeo piece (`pdg_input`) and export that. See attached.
Edited by chrisgreb - 2020年1月9日 13:13:11

Attachments:
pieces_tops_v2.hiplc (193.5 KB)

5 posts
Wowzers. @pdg_output in a file parm I'd clocked, so of all the things to miss!

Thank you so much.
Edited by FridayMarch27th - 2020年1月9日 14:28:49
  • Quick Links