Introducing Quadmixer

2587   3   2
2 posts
Hello everybody,
We recently presented at the last Siggraph Asia a novel technique called “QuadMixer”, it is similar to MeshMixer but works wit Quad Meshes.

QuadMixer is a novel interactive technique to blend between base quad meshes preserving the majority of the original layouts. Our blending process is reliable and extremely efficient, which makes it perfectly integrable into an in real-time modelling system. Quadmixer allows to smoothly compose different quadrilateral meshes keeping as much as possible all the layout in the areas which are not involved in the operation. In other words, we enable for reusing of the previous work performed by the artist in the retopology/modelling phase.

You can have a look Quadmixer here:

www.quadmixer.com

I think it would be a powerful tool if integrated in Houdini. What do you think about? Do you have any contact with developers to start some collaboration?

Nico Pietroni
679 posts
Hey nico,

Your tool looks really Incredible! It seems to be very robust. One question I have is: Will it work with meshes that are mostly quads but also contain some triangles or ngons. For example would it work with two cylinders that have a triangle fan as a cap?
I would love to have this integrated into Houdini, or buy it as a plugin.

Cheers
CYTE
Edited by CYTE - 2020年7月10日 16:14:03
2 posts
Hi Cyte,
thanks for the question.
The version on the paper does not, but we modified since then. Now it works on any mesh containing non-quads element.
7 posts
nico.pietroni
Hi Cyte,
thanks for the question.
The version on the paper does not, but we modified since then. Now it works on any mesh containing non-quads element.

I think you should message SideFX directly rather than wait for a response on the forum. I'd like to see this added or available to purchase on www.orbolt.com
i7 4Gz 32 Mb | RTX 2080 Ti | Houdini FX 18 | Fusion Studio | Sonar Platinum | Zbrush 2020 |
  • Quick Links