How do I use the Gaea Tor Processor with Houdini Engine?

3511   4   0
109 posts
It seems like Houdini Engine skips right over the tor processor node when cooking the network. Is there any way to get this up and running? Thanks!
109 posts
Okay, so it does seem to be cooking the node but nothing happens in UE4 and it shows the heightfield right up-to the Gaea node.

The results from the tor processor seem to be invisible to Houdini Engine. Do I need to set up the cache on the tor processor differently so the data comes through? Thanks again for any help on this.

The combination of Gaea, Houdini Engine, and UE4 could be a killer workflow for terrain.

UPDATE: I was able to get it to come through by freezing the output node in the HDA, which isn't going to work but it's a start.

Perhaps there's a way to automatically cache the result and read it back with the Houdini Engine plugin?

UPDATE 2: I tried caching the heightmap out and storing it in the HDA with the opdef thing but that's not working either.

The most confusing thing about this is that the height data is there when I middle mouse over the node as if it were any old Houdini heightfield node.
Edited by decksounds - 2020年11月27日 07:56:36

Attachments:
houdinigaea.JPG (177.9 KB)
ue4gaea.JPG (82.1 KB)

109 posts
I just read something about having to do something special to deal with the dependencies that arise when using an HDA with one or more other HDA's nested within each other.

It said something about an $HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH… not really sure how to set that up or if that's even necessary.

I'm starting to wonder if the r.32 that the plugin seems to bring back in is the problem and if I should try to convert it in SOPs… but then again, I just don't know.
Edited by decksounds - 2020年11月27日 09:54:58
109 posts
Great news!

It works with the new Houdini Live Link!

I have no clue why it doesn't work the old fashioned way but this is awesome.
3 posts
What your setting in Gaea Node?
  • Quick Links