Kinefx . multiple rig pose nodes rigs are visible issue.

2180   3   1
13 posts
I have an HDA with "kinefx__rigpose" enabled in the default state, however when the HDa is selected every rig pose sop "rig state" is visible, so you can have six rigs visible constantly making it very cluttered and confusing when animating. Once the HDA is unselected it reverts to the correct final output version. Is there a way to solo the final "Rig skeleton line" output but still see the control geometry?
Thanks.

Attachments:
visible rigs.jpg (269.6 KB)

13 posts
Ok past self, the reason for this is that you tried to have all the ik rig pose controls and fk rig pose controls in just two rig pose nodes.
So, at its most basic, name all the joints up front, then blast away the joints you need to control in sequence, add a rig pose for each to animate and use the blend skeleton to overide the joint with the rigpose.
So chill out, past self, you'll get there.

Attachments:
skeleton blend.jpg (22.7 KB)

2 posts
hey! thanks, I just tried this out on my character, however I find the skeleton blend node is giving certain areas of the skeleton an unwanted transform. for example I split out the neck joints just as you've pictured and now the neck is transformed away from the body on the x axis. turning on world space snaps it back into place but I've found that doesnt allow the controls to behave the way they should. Have you run into this issue at all?
72 posts
A general thing I noticed, if you blast the rest of the skeleton, you have to keep the parent joint of the joints you actually want to manipulate. Then the right values will be past down the wire.
  • Quick Links