HQueue is not working with Sliced FLIP Sim

1270   3   0
13 posts
Hi!
I have 2PCs that is setup correctly with HQueue! HQueue render works fine, also Simulation with no slices work fine, but as soon as I use slice and distribute shelf tools for FLIP and send it to HQueue job doesn't start working, it stuck at 0%, I attached the screenshot! does anybody know what could be the problem?

Thanks!

Attachments:
FLIP_SLICES.jpg (1.0 MB)

136 posts
This could be a firewall problem.
I had the same thing until I read this post:
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/37431/ [www.sidefx.com]
As Jeff Lait said:
"The client-to-client communication also allocates a port at run time. There are no fixed set of ports to open between the machines. There needs to be no firewall/shorewall between the machines that are simulating, or between them and the tracker. There MUST, of course, be a firewall between your machines and the rest of the internet!"
13 posts
AndrewVK
This could be a firewall problem.
I had the same thing until I read this post:
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/37431/ [www.sidefx.com]
As Jeff Lait said:
"The client-to-client communication also allocates a port at run time. There are no fixed set of ports to open between the machines. There needs to be no firewall/shorewall between the machines that are simulating, or between them and the tracker. There MUST, of course, be a firewall between your machines and the rest of the internet!"

I temporary turned off firewall on both machines and now its working! Thanks for the tip! but my new problem is that its not faster simulating on a single machine! its even slower! Did I fundamentally understood something wrong, Slicing going to simulate slices in parallel or one machine always going to wait for another machine to response?
136 posts
javadsadeghi
Slicing going to simulate slices in parallel or one machine always going to wait for another machine to response?
Yes, all machines will wait the slowest one.
javadsadeghi
but my new problem is that its not faster simulating on a single machine
Slicing....usually it is not a question of time....it is more about RAM.
Try to simulate something huge ... when one machine can't do it.
You will see the difference (in time also)
  • Quick Links