H19.622 + Megascans Bridge v4.5

2419   1   1
23 posts
Howdy, I've finally moved over to Linux full time from Windows, and *almost* everything is working just fine... except trying to start the Megascans plugin. It gives me this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 10, in <module>
  File "/mnt/LINUX_CACHE/support/plugins/houdini/4.5/MSLiveLink/scripts/python/MSPlugin/MainWindow.py", line 138, in initializeWindow
    mWindow = MSMainWindow.getInstance()
  File "/mnt/LINUX_CACHE/support/plugins/houdini/4.5/MSLiveLink/scripts/python/MSPlugin/MainWindow.py", line 128, in getInstance
    MSMainWindow()
  File "/mnt/LINUX_CACHE/support/plugins/houdini/4.5/MSLiveLink/scripts/python/MSPlugin/MainWindow.py", line 41, in __init__
    self.SetupMainWindow()
  File "/mnt/LINUX_CACHE/support/plugins/houdini/4.5/MSLiveLink/scripts/python/MSPlugin/MainWindow.py", line 79, in SetupMainWindow
    self.optionsUI = UIOptions(self.uiSettings["UI"]["ImportOptions"], self.uiSettingsChanged)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

I've poked around a bit, seen some older solves that involve editing the above mentioned MainWindow.py file, but most of those seem to be a year old or more.

Curious if any of you have seen a more recent fix?
23 posts
Well, Quixel updated their Bridge plugin to officially support h19, hooray!

I still can't get it to run under Linux, with the same errors listed above... booo.

Quixel support originally told me "sorry, the plugin doesn't support your DCC".

Hopefully I'll get an actual helpful response now.
  • Quick Links