Karma material builder and Edit Material network LOP

442   1   1
11 posts
Hi!

EDIT: seems to have been a glitch/bug, I created a new Material Library from scratch and it now loads downstream with Edit Material LOP just fine.

So now the Material Library has changed in Houdini 20. Instead of the full assortment of nodes available with tab directly when diving in there’s only Karma Material Builder etc.

I can’t change the network downstream with Edit Material Network LOP now. It seems this node can’t access the network inside the Material Builder?

I can of course go inside the material builder to build the network somewhat as before by cutting out the network out of the subnet and place it directly under the Material Library LOP level but then Component builder doesn’t see this material as in Houdini 19 (no material flag perhaps?)

So I then got the idea to make the inputs "public" by promoting parameters (next, next1) on the subnetwork but as soon as I do that the shader doesn’t render.

What is the current correct workflow for creating materials whose network I perhaps what to change down the line?
Edited by vopaholic - 2024年1月25日 03:18:08
7771 posts
christianp
Hi!

So now the Material Library has changed in Houdini 20. Instead of the full assortment of nodes available with tab directly when diving in there’s only Karma Material Builder etc.

I can’t change the network downstream with Edit Material Network LOP now. It seems this node can’t access the network inside the Material Builder?

I can of course go inside the material builder to build the network somewhat as before by cutting out the network out of the subnet and place it directly under the Material Library LOP level but then Component builder doesn’t see this material as in Houdini 19 (no material flag perhaps?)

So I then got the idea to make the inputs "public" by promoting parameters (next, next1) on the subnetwork but as soon as I do that the shader doesn’t render.

What is the current correct workflow for creating materials whose network I perhaps what to change down the line?

I just use the material builders; creating the network directly in the library was a mess
  • Quick Links