Guys, could you please evaluate my idea - is it possible or no, and if it is - I would highly appreciated if you will give me and idea how to implement it.
I have a scene built in Solaris (Houdini 20.5, Karma CPU) from different USD assets. I would like to have a 'clay' render as an AOV, additionally to a standard beauty pass. Is it possible?
I can imagine that for achieving it I need a one material which will override all the diffuse maps and replace them with solid grey color. This 'override' material need a Karma AOV Node.
But I cant imagine how to integrate that material override into a scene tree so it will not affect beauty pass.
Any help would be much appreciated!!!
AOV with Material Override
282 2 0-
- sergiylysenko
- Member
- 8 posts
- Joined: 6月 2020
- オンライン
-
- tamte
- Member
- 9735 posts
- Joined: 7月 2007
- オフライン
I don't think you can do that
AOVs are usually either completely arbitrary unlit values or LPEs filtering the light paths of the beauty render
so if you want a pass with completely different lit material from beauty, I'd override a material in a separate render branch
AOVs are usually either completely arbitrary unlit values or LPEs filtering the light paths of the beauty render
so if you want a pass with completely different lit material from beauty, I'd override a material in a separate render branch
Edited by tamte - 2026年9月30日 16:21:30
Tomas Slancik
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
-
- sergiylysenko
- Member
- 8 posts
- Joined: 6月 2020
- オンライン
-
- Quick Links

