Good job SideFX Team!
998 3 1-
- tupapioso
- Member
- 21 posts
- Joined: 7月 2019
- オフライン
-
- tupapioso
- Member
- 21 posts
- Joined: 7月 2019
- オフライン
Hmmm... looks like I spoke too soon?
H22 was running great but after about an hour of sitting idle, my system froze. No keyboard or mouse. I rebooted.
I was greeted with:
systemd: Failed to start SideFX Houdini License Server.
I tried to start it manually with no success:
hserver.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/lib/sesi/hserver/hserver: Permission denied
and
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/systemd/systemd from execute access on the file /usr/lib/sesi/hserver/hserver.
**** Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests **************************
If you believe that systemd should be allowed execute access on the hserver file by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# ausearch -c '(hserver)' --raw | audit2allow -M my-hserver
# semodule -X 300 -i my-hserver.pp
I tried the ausearch and semodule commands as it recommended and I was able to start HSERVER manually.
Then I tried to run Houdini and got:
Unable to Acquire a License
A license could not be found to run this application.
and
No valid licenses were found. A license version of 22.0 or higher is required. Please install a valid license and rerun your application. If you would like to activate Houdini Apprentice, select Help > General > Activate Apprentice.
Now I'm dead in the water :S
This is probably due to my lack of knowledge of Linux but this is frustrating.
H22 was running great but after about an hour of sitting idle, my system froze. No keyboard or mouse. I rebooted.
I was greeted with:
systemd: Failed to start SideFX Houdini License Server.
I tried to start it manually with no success:
hserver.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/lib/sesi/hserver/hserver: Permission denied
and
SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/systemd/systemd from execute access on the file /usr/lib/sesi/hserver/hserver.
**** Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests **************************
If you believe that systemd should be allowed execute access on the hserver file by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# ausearch -c '(hserver)' --raw | audit2allow -M my-hserver
# semodule -X 300 -i my-hserver.pp
I tried the ausearch and semodule commands as it recommended and I was able to start HSERVER manually.
Then I tried to run Houdini and got:
Unable to Acquire a License
A license could not be found to run this application.
and
No valid licenses were found. A license version of 22.0 or higher is required. Please install a valid license and rerun your application. If you would like to activate Houdini Apprentice, select Help > General > Activate Apprentice.
Now I'm dead in the water :S
This is probably due to my lack of knowledge of Linux but this is frustrating.
Edited by tupapioso - 2026年7月15日 17:32:02
-
- johnmather
- スタッフ
- 726 posts
- Joined: 8月 2019
- オフライン
-
- tupapioso
- Member
- 21 posts
- Joined: 7月 2019
- オフライン
I didn't want to bother the SideFX team (they are probably pretty busy) so I just poked around and installed some system updates and now things seem to back to normal. I'm not sure what fixed the problem but the many reboots may have something to do with it. Honestly, for me, Linux is a bit of a black box with lots of little buttons and levers that can be adjusted.
-
- Quick Links

