UV Texture problem

3045   5   2
365 posts
Hello world,

I have an animated bgeo obj composed(saved) from an obj of 3 parts sops originally .
For some reason the UV texture can not fit right into each part of the obj whenever I change the texture.

How can I make them fit accurately into the geo surfaces. Since this obj is bgeo model I believe I can not put uv texture node. Can any one help me please. I can not open the original hip file (built before saving as bgeo) which has uv texture sop node is because the original file was built in H11. I can not open that H 11 file in H 12 because of error signs in split surface nodes. There must be some glitches in converting files from h11 to H 12. And I can not use H 11 because sidefx blocked everybody from using H 11. If I can use H 11 I can fix the UV texture problem in H 11 and come back to H 12 for the rest of my work. Can any one help me please?
Steve
12 posts
Import the bgeo in at the sop level, inside a geo. Once there, you should be able to append any sop you want, including a uv texture, or uv project.
365 posts
Thank you very much. This is a Huge break through to me.
I will try it soon and let you know how it goes.
365 posts
One more question if you don't mind.
My bgeo is made of 3 parts of sop models.
Can you help me if and how I can replace or change, revise one of 3 sop models within the imported geo file composed of 3 parts models.
Thank you very much again.
443 posts
Before merging those together use group node to group those in individual groups. later on you can use those groups to do whatever you want.
365 posts
That means before I save them as bgeo on disk right ?
I did it already using H 11. I can not open them in H 12 because some errors in split node in sop.
Can I do that after I import geo not before I save them in bgeo.
Thanks
  • Quick Links