Multi-target-ik Is it possible.

4739   2   1
48 posts
I was playing around with bones the other night. Now I have not checked out the character legacy material and have not read completely through the manuals on bones and characters. I am wondering if multi target ik is possible? Say a goal for the elbow and a goal for the hand all connected in the same IK chain. Just curious.
Todd Dufour
——————————–
Life is as long as it is short.
——————————–
7710 posts
Create an IK w/Twist Affector bone chain. That deals with the common case. For an explanation of all the bone chain types, I highly suggest reading the character chapter in the Tutorial and User Guide available from under the Help menu in Houdini.
48 posts
I did a tutorial setting up Hoodnik… I just haven't reinforced what I learned there… I was just curious if anyone had ever set up a multi target IK chain and what limitations there are. Currently I am trying to work my way through Shops, Yops, Rops, Cops. Basicaly I am trying to learn the lighting, shading, and compositing aspects of Houdini.

Thanks for your reply… When I get a chance I will be sure to look through all the character and rigging materials…
Todd Dufour
——————————–
Life is as long as it is short.
——————————–
  • Quick Links