Why no more Windows daily bild? should 64bit Windows vesion

   5072   4   1
User Avatar
Member
6 posts
Joined:
オフライン
We should have 64bit Windows vesion Houdini, because windows 64 bit really stable system
User Avatar
Member
237 posts
Joined:
オフライン
I think there is a discussion about that somewhere on the forum. just do the search…
User Avatar
Member
7046 posts
Joined: 7月 2005
オフライン
“Technical Difficulties” )
Cheers,

Peter Bowmar
____________
Houdini 20.5.262 Win 10 Py 3.11
User Avatar
Member
4140 posts
Joined: 7月 2005
オフライン
Out of curiousity - can't you run the 32 bit version? You can on Linux, and I'm quite certain Win64 ships with 32 bit dlls for exactly this reason. It wouldn't have any performance hits apart from big memory jobs.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
User Avatar
Member
6 posts
Joined:
オフライン
Thanks. I know that SoftImage has a 64bit version, since Houdini runs on linux, I guess the 64 Versin could be possible, and 64bit runs more efficiently. Yes, I can run 32bit Houdini on 64bit Windows, in fact very well.
  • Quick Links