Flickering RBD glass cracks

   2569   3   0
User Avatar
Member
7 posts
Joined: 5月 2017
オフライン
Hi!

I have an issue with a RBD shatter animation that I am trying to solve with no luck.

I shatter the glass on impact but pretty much every single crack flickers through the animation which is something I don't want of course. I have tried RBD Connected Faces / Disconnect but that removes the connected sides, thus removing the cracks which is something I also don't want.

Any ideas how to solve this would be greatly appreciated!

Cropped render attached (play it looped )

Thank you!
Edited by Beatnutz - 2022年2月28日 15:16:23

Attachments:
flicker.mp4 (186.1 KB)

User Avatar
Member
3 posts
Joined: 7月 2024
オフライン
Hey did you ever find the solution to this problem? im currently experiencing the same issue
User Avatar
Member
1251 posts
Joined: 4月 2017
オフライン
If a piece goes in and out of the other pieces around it, it will cause this sort of problem with refractions. You need to make 1000% sure those pieces are not moving.
-Olivier
User Avatar
Member
226 posts
Joined: 11月 2013
オフライン
IIRC there is a render setting to handle tolerances between transparent objects, usually for wet layers in eyes. Ray Bias perhaps?
  • Quick Links