rigid body + vellum

1631   4   1
5 posts
how to do the same in Houdini? Your text to link here... [youtu.be] 03:00 You need to drop one or more solid bodies on the fabric.
29 posts
A mutual interaction between the Vellum and RBD (Bullet) solver is not possible. You can create a quasi RBD object inside the Vellum framework however that interacts normally with cloth objects.
I have attached a simple file for you to check out. You can also google for "ShapeMatch" in Houdini vellum to learn more about this method.
Edited by Tora_2097 - 2022年6月23日 05:27:28

Attachments:
cloth_to_rbd.hiplc (515.6 KB)
cloth_to_rbd.mov (466.7 KB)

5 posts
Thank you very much for your reply! this is what you need. But what if I need to shoot particles into the fabric or through something like that? Your text to link here... [www.youtube.com]
Tora_2097
A mutual interaction between the Vellum and RBD (Bullet) solver is not possible. You can create a quasi RBD object inside the Vellum framework however that interacts normally with cloth objects.
I have attached a simple file for you to check out. You can also google for "ShapeMatch" in Houdini vellum to learn more about this method.
8539 posts
starikovda
But what if I need to shoot particles into the fabric or through something like that?
Then use vellum grains for particles

You can also emit vellum objects using Vellum Source DOP if you really need them to be shapematched "RBDs"
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
5 posts
tamte
starikovda
But what if I need to shoot particles into the fabric or through something like that?
Then use vellum grains for particles

You can also emit vellum objects using Vellum Source DOP if you really need them to be shapematched "RBDs"
thank!
  • Quick Links