This video is an introduction to VEX, which is the programming language available in Houdini. The video doesn't require any previous knowledge of programming.
Jump to the 4 min mark if you want to directly start with the project and skip the explanation.
The video will cover relatively wide range of topics including:
- What is VEX
- Basic syntax and names of attributes
- Setting basic values for Position and other stuff
- Creating custom parameters in the Wrangle SOP
- How to use the Wrangle SOP instead of the old Point SOP
- Controlling polyextrude using VEX
- Creating ramps in Wrangle SOP
- How to convert a VOP network into VEX.
- and other stuff.