Writing camera matrix information into an exr's metadata

8899   5   1
33 posts
Hi ladies and gents,

Does anyone know a way in which I can put an animated cameras T,R,S matrix information into an exr's Metadata? Any nifty Python scripts that can possibly be placed into the Output.. Comment field to extract this information?

Thanks for your time

Cheers,

Sean
Quality Assurance
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.
72 posts
I thought I'd bump this as I'd like to do something similar

Cheers

John
john @ hydrastudios
12513 posts
For .rat/.tbf/.pic files, there is “vm_saveoptions” – search for it under: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/props/mantra10_0 [sidefx.com]

Perhaps it'll work with EXR? If not, and you're a commercial Houdini user, maybe you could RFE it from SESI? (Or a new “vm_image_exr_saveoptions” might be possible)

That Help Page
Houdini name vm_saveoptions
IFD name image:saveoptions
Default “camerarthowidth camera:projection camera:zoom image:crop image:pixelaspect image:samples image:window space:world”

A string containing a space-separated list of property values to save into the output .rat/.tbf file (such as a texture or deep shadow map). You can read the saved values out of a texture using the teximport VEX function in a shader.

The defaults save mostly camera- and image-related properties, but you can save the value of any mantra property, such as renderer:version.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
72 posts
Cool thanks.

Request in progress.

John
john @ hydrastudios
14 posts
I am planing to do this for exr and wonder hom to get from
worldToNDC matrix. Do i need to calculate it all myself?
1 posts
Although SEO copywriters certainly need particular knowledge and the skill to generate clear, well-written, relevant content on diverse subjects, be alert to those who try to baffle you with false science.
Blog Writing [creative-writers.net]
  • Quick Links