wierd problem - foreach per group got wrong result

2804   4   0
122 posts
Hi, i attach file where you can see that i managed to use foreach by using ‘each group’ mode. I found something wierd , as you can see i use 2 foreach, foreach 1 is correct one (left side). So using ‘centroid’ expression, i can put the group name at the top of the centroid of each group. But i tried another method in foreach2 , this time i use local var (group centroid : $GCX,$GCY,$GCZ) , but the result is not like i expected. The group name labels are overlapped each other. Is there anyone can help me out?? what 's the problem ? It should give me the same result as my first method.

thanx

Attachments:
foreach per group.hipnc (72.7 KB)

861 posts
I don't get an error and the result is as expected.

Sometimes foreach “forgets” or “doesn't update”. Try restarting and see if that helps.
--
Jobless
122 posts
Soothsayer
I don't get an error and the result is as expected.

Sometimes foreach “forgets” or “doesn't update”. Try restarting and see if that helps.

ups that's so wierd, yep it suppose to give me the same result. And yes sometime it doesn't update , need to refresh it somehow … btw i'll recheck and come back later. Let see if something wrong with me or the app.

thanx
8583 posts
just plug your xform_ref node in the flow (between each1 and merge1)
it seems not to be updating pivot values just by referencing them so you need to help it a little bit by making merge1 directly dependent on that node
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
122 posts
tamte
just plug your xform_ref node in the flow (between each1 and merge1)
it seems not to be updating pivot values just by referencing them so you need to help it a little bit by making merge1 directly dependent on that node

This is just perfect ! thanx for the nice tipz. It's a bit wierd have to do so, but anyway it solve my problem.

thanx
  • Quick Links