subnet error

3403   4   1
71 posts
Hi evryone,
I have messed up with type properties settings and now whatever nodes i make it as a subnet.all i got is one subnet which i have made long back.i think i have messed something with opcustom.otl please guide me and help to resolve this
861 posts
does it hlp if ur del file in hnetwork.pref file found in $HOME/houdini11.0. i had simlr prob and it helps.
--
Jobless
71 posts
Soothsayer
does it hlp if ur del file in hnetwork.pref file found in $HOME/houdini11.0. i had simlr prob and it helps.

no it dint work.still i have the same problem
Staff
2540 posts
First see if you haven't inadvertently overrode the default asset definition for the Subnet node. MMB (Middle Mouse Button) on the node and see where it is defined. If it is in your home directory, you obvioiusly overrode the definition. If it says in your Houdini install directory, you still may have overrode the asset definition…

Check in your home houdini version directory. I wonder if you made an overriding asset definition for the Subnet Object in the otls directory. If you accidentally RMB on the Subnet at one point and chose “Edit Operator Type Properties” on it, changed it and pressed apply, either you overrode the actual definition in the houdini install directory if you have permissions allowed or in your home houdini version otls directory.

If it is the former and you overrode the asset definition in the houdini install houdini directory, a backup directory would have been made for the original asset. Just move that to the original position.

If it is in the local directory, just blow away the otl directory.
There's at least one school like the old school!
71 posts
jeff
First see if you haven't inadvertently overrode the default asset definition for the Subnet node. MMB (Middle Mouse Button) on the node and see where it is defined. If it is in your home directory, you obvioiusly overrode the definition. If it says in your Houdini install directory, you still may have overrode the asset definition…

Check in your home houdini version directory. I wonder if you made an overriding asset definition for the Subnet Object in the otls directory. If you accidentally RMB on the Subnet at one point and chose “Edit Operator Type Properties” on it, changed it and pressed apply, either you overrode the actual definition in the houdini install directory if you have permissions allowed or in your home houdini version otls directory.

If it is the former and you overrode the asset definition in the houdini install houdini directory, a backup directory would have been made for the original asset. Just move that to the original position.

If it is in the local directory, just blow away the otl directory.

fantastic.issued solved.thanks jeff
  • Quick Links