how to group obj based on bounding box

7537   3   0
122 posts
Hi, i just want to know , if i have a poly object. Then i want to group it based on the volume (bounding box). So i use a ‘group geometry’ node. if i set entitiy to : primitive , then switch tab to bounding. If i start to resize the bounding box, it starts picking up some poly which ‘inside’ the bounding box volume. But this is not what i'm looking for… i don't want to select partial object. What i want is : if the bounding box NOT big enough to cover the whole object, i want it to pick nothing, it will only pick the whole object if the bounding box is covering the whole obj. So i want to pick the whole object or nothing at all, not picking some poly which is part of the objct.

how to do this using group node?

thanx
Edited by - April 12, 2011 00:36:01
122 posts
also , in the ‘group geometry’ node - in the ‘bounding’ tab, how to set the center parameter to : input's centroid, why can't i use the local var $CEX there ? why is it not accessible ? what the solution if i want to use the input's centroid?
192 posts
here's a method of doing that using foreach and attributepromote

for each loops over all the different ‘objects’

attributepromote averages the color over the ‘object’

Attachments:
bounded.hip (93.9 KB)

122 posts
brianBurke
here's a method of doing that using foreach and attributepromote

for each loops over all the different ‘objects’

attributepromote averages the color over the ‘object’

wow, that's a pretty cool trick….. just like what i'm looking for, Thanx a lot for sharing it.
  • Quick Links