surfsect artifacts

3820   4   2
27 posts
Hi,

I'm getting artifact when using the radius option of the surfsect node, and don't know how to eliminate them. Decreasing the 3d tolerance had no effect. Is there any other way to connect two (or more) surfaces with each other? I'm new to spline modeling and currently just trying things out - mostly with unexpected results. :?

Attachments:
curve_Intersection.png (300.9 KB)

39 posts
Hi! Looks to me like a too low tesselation (known from maya when working
with nurbs). can't you just increase the polycount?
40 posts
Have you tried to render it. in my experience those little display artifacts just go away in the render.
Staff
2540 posts
Two things.

First turn off the display of Profiles to turn off the trim curves. Just helps you inspect the junctions.
Increase the Display Level of Detail (LOD). It defaults to 1. Increasing this will slow down the display but give you more accurate tessellation of the NURBs surfaces in the viewport.

Yes and render to see the actual result. I believe Mantra renders NURBs surfaces as a parametric surface and doesn't tessellate the geometry.
There's at least one school like the old school!
27 posts
First of all - thanks for your quick responds , increasing the viewport detail didn’t solve the problem (but that’s maybe due to my old video card). However I played a bit with the render settings and the shading quality - and rendering with a higher shading quality (8 <) really eliminated the artifacts . Thanks for the tip

Attachments:
test_render.png (55.2 KB)

• Quick Links