stupid problem but no solution

3538   3   1
5 posts
I have 2 edge loops same number of points, one loop inside the other, the belong to 2 different geometries merged.
I can't find a simple tool like BRIDGE in MODO for example that creates the polygon between the 2 loops..
I have tried everything..

At the end I have to do it with Polyknit but it's crazy..

Other question..I?m working on a small model and the wieport clips me when I zoom too close to the model..How can I change the clipping settings? I tried on the display panel but nothing happened..
thanks!!
105 posts
Other question..I?m working on a small model and the wieport clips me when I zoom too close to the model..How can I change the clipping settings? I tried on the display panel but nothing happened..
One method is to add a camera to the scene and lock the camera to the view (by selecting the ‘Tie View To Camera/Light’ option in the camera selection/options drop down list at the top right hand corner of the 3D viewport).

You can interactively set the near and far clipping parameters of the camera object in its View tab to allow you to zoom in closer to your model.

Cheers,
tk
Staff
5161 posts
thanks!!

Decrease your far plane in addition to your near plane, by the same factor. GPU hardware only has a depth precision of around 6-7 orders of magnitude, so if you're setting near to 0.001 and keeping far at ~32000, it'll automatically adjust your near plane on you. Set the far plane to about 1000 instead.
1799 posts
Hey 3dsign, could you post a picture of the polygons you are trying to bridge? I have some ideas but I want to make sure they apply
-G
  • Quick Links