Cloth emitter

5932   4   1
66 posts
Im trying to do a cloth emitter ( like small papers in the street ). I tried using POP's but when i apply the cloth sim only the first cloth ( i used a copy node to create planes in every particle ) is simulated and the others dont appear. Then i tried generating cloth objects using the creation frame with the expression if($F<400,if($F%10==0,$F,0),0) to emit every 10 frames a piece of cloth and the same…the first cloth is generated ok, but when the second is generated in this case the cloth solver throws an error ( cannot retrieve data from previous solve ). I think that is something wrong with the geometry that the cloth solver process…I attached the scene file, any ideas why this happends?

Thanks!!!

Attachments:
papers_sim.hipnc (115.2 KB)

NicoZ
Staff
429 posts
Hi,

You can fix this by enabling the “Support Changing Topology” flag on your Cloth Solver; the number of cloth objects changes during your simulation.

Also make sure that you set the cloth sphere's primitive type to “Polygon”
so that you get proper collisions between the cloth and the sphere.

Michiel
66 posts
Great! that worked! Thanks again for the best support
NicoZ
1 posts
Seems like cloth solver is broken in H11. “cloth emission” doesn't work. It says:
ERROR: Integration failed due to numerical problems

Attachments:
cloth_emission.hipnc (85.5 KB)

4 posts
I'm getting the same error as kirillfx. My Houdini-Version is: 11.0.581

Does anybody know how i can emit cloth-objects without getting this error?

ERROR: Integration failed due to numerical problems

Edit: It works when i turn off “Make Objects Mutual Affectors” in the cloth solver. Anyway it would be cool to make it work with this feature turned on… any ideas?
  • Quick Links