Houdini Free Apprentice

7608   9   1
17 posts
Hi.

My name e is Carlos and I would like to ask a simple question: is there any-chance to get some help from you here in order to improve myself with my work with the Houdini Apprentice, even if it is the free version?

My real intention is to get the Apprentice HD for personal use but I am lacking EVERYTHING from that world of 3D. I have just downloaded the free version today.

Thank you for reading
(I do not have Internet connection right now so I may be here again by now to two days. It depends)

Carlos
(English is not my born language)

(I wrote an email to the owners for the Houdini Site, in order to get some answers, but I found that here I could get the answers to the questions on that email)
carlosgf
2624 posts
Hi Carlos,
That's why the forum is here. So people can share ideas and ask questions.

Rob
Gone fishing
17 posts
Thank you Circus for the replay.

I have been searching for comments about Houdini and the way it works. I must confess that I used it not long ago, and it seems to be easy and understandable, even for me that I an not of a 3D world, not even Photoshop… but at that time, while I was doing some tutorials, in one of them they got into the script (code) programming language, so I gave it up right on that moment for I have no knowledge of programming.

I do not know much about BLENDER, but I was willing to give it a try, but the interface is something terrible for me, but it has also that thing of coding with Payton (if I am not wrong)… so nor Blender, nor Houdini would help me if they “oblige” people to write programming codes.

That is my main question here.
Another thing is that I have notice that there are some tutorials that are free here for learning HOUDINI and a lot of others that are to be paid.
What about if the free ones are not so many that they do not help me to understand the basic things of the free software Appentice? I just want it for animation, and creating backgrounds (like landscapes) and some characters.

And thank you for your attention.
carlosgf
1 posts
Hi………………………….

this is alok.vindinz.com is my site where you can get more information about Bollywood and cricket.I hope you like it.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 [vindianz.com]

please drop suggestion.

thanks.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 [vindianz.com]
17 posts
acaiborka
Hi, carlosgf

FREE Tutorials

Thank you acaiborka for the good links.

Houdini is a way to go, definitely.

Though I still would like to know if this software is suitable for someone (me) who would love to work with it but has no experience on 3D, nor even on photoshop software.

And what about the scripts. Am I obliged to know coding in order to work some issues from Houdini?

Thank you
carlosgf
17 posts
Well, i will close this tread as no-one write me back.

Thank you all who wrote here.

Carlos
carlosgf
Staff
3455 posts
IMO Houdini is a better FIRST 3D application - the learning curve is more steep but you will learn more about geometry etc that you will with other packages

as for scripting/coding - you will do far less in Houdini than is most other packages.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
17 posts
arctor
IMO Houdini is a better FIRST 3D application - the learning curve is more steep but you will learn more about geometry etc that you will with other packages

as for scripting/coding - you will do far less in Houdini than is most other packages.

Thank you for taking some time to respond my questions.
I really appreciated it.

Carlos
carlosgf
17 posts
Hi again.

After have been searching for some informations here and over the net related to the render engine and modelling tools in Houdini I came to the conclusion that I need an easier 3D package to work with.

BTW, this is a personal matter because I remember that I once found Houdini to be very nice because I followed a tutorial about modelling and rigs in Houdini and I finished it with no much effort. But that was the basic steps, and I realized that I am not going to need/use half of the tools of Houdini, as I am just an enthusiastic G3D.

BTW, I have been trying blender and I found it to be the easier package I was looking for.

Thank you for all the good information you have gave me during my posts !!!

Smile
And best wishes

Carlos
carlosgf
  • Quick Links