Q: Fuse SOP (consolidate)

2572   4   1
205 posts
Hi,

how can I put the consolidated points into a group (or give them an attribute) instead of delete them? Theres an option ‘keep consolidated points’, but I can't find an easy way to access them later on via a group or attribute.

What I want to achieve is:
I got an output of a POP network and I want to manipulate points later on that are to close to each other in a specific frame. The result the fuse SOP gives would be perfect, but I want only select these points (not instantly delete them)…

Cheers,
bollili
86 posts
You might want to look at using point clouds to do this. Here's an example file which you should be able to adapt to do what you want to do.

Attachments:
point_cloud_example.hip (111.8 KB)

205 posts
Hey, thanks!

But this will always tag all the points with at least one neighbour inside the search radius. So it behaves different to the fuse SOP in consolidate mode.

e.g. let's say there are only two points inside the search radius. The fuse SOP (in consoldate mode) would delete only one of these to points and would preserve the other one.

To change the behaviour of your file, I suppose the way to go is that I'll try to exclude the already processed points with at least one neighbour from the next iterations. Right?

But, I have no idea how I can do that. Could you please help me a bit further?

Thanks in advance
86 posts
Ok, slightly different approach, how about this:
(you may have to play with the distance threshold on the attribute transfer to get the correct distance between the points)

Attachments:
group_fuse_consolidated_points.hip (79.1 KB)

205 posts
Yes! And such an easy solution…

Thanks mate.
  • Quick Links