what is benefit of using particle advection in pyro explosio

7730   4   2
1391 posts
hi
i have a simple question !

when i should use particles advection for control fluid simulations ? (explosion)

i saw in some tutorials and person,s work in vimeo that used particles advections to control velocity field in pyro explosion.

like dust & smoke tutorial for cmiVFX !

i created a simple pyro explosion and set division to large numbers like 500 and when active upRes pyro , every things are good .

i created another scene that using particle advection and when i active upRes pyro with large division , my result is so smoothly and i thing that the first scene have more detail from second !

so when i shoud use particles advection for fluid simulations & what is my wrong in this method !?

tnx
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
55 posts
I can't really say about why one is smooth compared to the other, a hip file would be nice to investigate that.

To your other question: You should use particles to help control multiple parts of your simulation, not only the vel field. You can use particles to emit smoke from, this gives you a very fine level of control over the sim, you can also emit fuel from these points to have a meteoric fire trail of sorts. The possibilities are endless as to what you can and cannot do with particles for controlling sims. For a Michael Bay style explosion, I would say use particles to emit density in an arcing motion from the center of your explosion. This will start to give the impression maybe some bigger debris is flying out from the center. These same particles can be used to advect the smoke from the explosion itself.

Hope that helps.
696 posts
The advantage is that you get particles behaving in a much more realistic way than you would with just POPs. It's not a replacement to rendering the volumetric effects, but in case you want to, say, add debris to your explosion that wo7uld be the way to go.

Cheers
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
349 posts
500 sample for a base fluid sim is wayyyy overkill. I've had really good results using 40 samples, and upping to 100. 400/500 as an upres maybe, not a base value.

Particles are a lot easier to control custom directions and behaviour. Then you advect a fluid sim to gain the custom behaviour, but you also get the added bonus of the fluid still acting like a fluid. The swirling and lapping and such.
1391 posts
thanks my friends for your helps
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
  • Quick Links