instanced objects

3439   4   1
184 posts
hi,

i d like to get control over copied(copySOP), MANUAL ANIMATED objects … a keyframed charakter for example… i ve managed how to offset via stamping in a timeshift SOP ore by getting an object into CHOPS and stamp in a shift CHOP over there… well so far about offsetting an animation…
lets say i have some basic movement, offset (stamped) for all copies in the scene. as a second “layer” i'd like to apply a second behavour for specific copies.

Thank you

L
Edited by - Dec. 13, 2011 15:52:36
184 posts
here are some approaches to the topic …

any ideas how i can get some kind of constantly increasing attribute like AGE ore LIFE, for particles which get grouped dynamically by a bounding box… please see the groupPOP and the corresponding attribute (called “welle”) activating the wave motion. if the attribute would start counting from 0 for every point getting into the group i could achive a smooth fade in for the wavemotion for every single point?

Attachments:
keyanim_offset_2.hipnc (79.1 KB)

184 posts
another thought:

i have an attribute calling an int of 1 for a point if it gets in my destination group. this value should execute a keyframeanimation for the copied geometry on that point. in other words the start of the animation should be offset to the time the point gets into the group.

as an example … i have a charakter copied onto a grid … when a point of the template geometry (grid) gets into a group the character should do a specific movement.

hope that is clear …

thank you very much!

W
184 posts
in case of the default houdini toon charakter setup …

how to offset 2 different channels with 2 diffenrent values. In my example above i fetched in the whole geometry with a channel for each point, offset that and sent it back to SOPS. With such approach i struggle with more complex hirarchies like a charakter, where i want control over many different animationchannels…

how i can do similar with the FETCH CHOP instead of the GEOMETRY CHOP, only bringing in t(xyz) of an animated controlobject for example?…where i have to place the channelSOP in such a case?

:shock: it can't be that hard …
184 posts
please see:

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/14468-copy-control/page__gopid__89400&#entry89400 [forums.odforce.net]
  • Quick Links