[solved] how to customize icon of a node in its help file

2986   2   1
479 posts
I was exploring some of the otls in Graham's Houdini Toolbox.

I noticed that we can customize the icon as displayed on the node (see image 1 below)

and there's one line of script in the “help” section that is related to the icon as shown in the help file of a node (see image 2 below). However I don't how to modify this part of script so that the same image we choose to show on the node can also be shown in the help file…

can anybody kindly advise?

Thanks!

Ji
Edited by - Feb. 8, 2012 12:19:28

Attachments:
1.jpg (435.1 KB)
2.jpg (512.5 KB)

330 posts
hi ,

havent tried this myself , but this page from docs talks about ‘ how to format a Help Page ’ ..

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.1/help/format [sidefx.com]
except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
479 posts
Thanks a lot, zati!

This is exactly what i'm looking for:

Page properties

Lines that start #name: value set page properties. These are used by the Houdini documentation to set up page metadata, but the only one that’s very useful for user help is…

#largeicon: opdef:Object/my_asset?icon.png

This uses an image file (in this case embedded in a digital asset) as the icon that appears next to the title. For a digital asset, this should be a bitmap of the node’s icon. The image should be 48 by 48 pixels.

Note that if your image file is on disk, you can refer to it using the help system’s virtual path. For example:

#largeicon: /nodes/obj/my_asset.png

The virtual path gets mapped to the help search path. So if you save my_asset.png into $HOME/houdiniX.Y/help/nodes/obj (or $HOME/Library/Preferences/houdini/X.Y/help/nodes/obj on Mac OSX), then the help system will be able to locate your icon using the line above.
  • Quick Links