Textures not sticking to surface during dops sim

2437   1   1
100 posts
Hi all,

Been a while since i've used houdini, so bit rusty, but i have two issue that iwas hoping some you good natured ladies and gents could help with:

a) I can't seem to get textures to display in the viewport. This seems to only be for the scene attached.

b) I have some geo, created via cookie ops, nothing complicated. I applied a simple material using a jpg image. All renders fine until point of fracture at frame 48 at which point the texture screws up - i'm guessing this is a uv issue caused from passing the geo through dops but i'm struggling to resolve the issue.

Any help would great.

Attachments:
textureExample.hip (2.3 MB)

575 posts
Hi
I checked Your scene and the problem is that You use a acctive cameraprojection for creating the initial uvs so the rbdChunk object stores the initial uv set at frame 1 and builds the small chungs uvset from this first frame
instead it should use the set from frame 49. a easy way to do this is to check deforming geometry in the ropobject, but it might get expensive on heavy geometry as the geometry has to be evaluated on every frame new.

it might be more efficient to modify the fracureparm slightly to get the uv and rest set at the current frame it fractures, it might be worth some test, If You cant say when it will break

or cheaper just make the geometry active on frame 49 if You know the frame

Martin
  • Quick Links