Digital Asset creation problem.

1928   2   1
9 posts
I have posted this in the general discussion forum as well because I'm not sure if its a technical problem. Feel free to delete the other thread or this if I have done a mistake.

Hello again, I don't know if my problem is complicated or not but here we go.
When I select all my nodes and put them inside a subnetwork and then I right click and press “Create Digital Asset” it pop's up a warning that says that I have references outside the subnet and I should convert the references to relative internal reference (no idea how to do that). Anyway I went ahead and pressed accept. So when I imported my Digtal Asset I can only get half of it working. The other have of my tool doesn't work because its missing the Vopnet and Comp1Filter files and some other files in /img/comp/.

So here come my question? how do I make the digital asset to contain every node, including nodes that are outside my subnet like the vop and comp nodes? Its a very important question for me.

Thank you very much in advance.
731 posts
You need to create your networks at the /obj level. You can do this by creating containers for your comps, etc as VOP/COP/etc networks at the /obj level and copying your nodes into them. Then these can be collapsed/inserted into your DA.

You may be able to fix paths using opfind/opchange in the textport, but if your setup isn't hugely complex you may just want to manually fix the paths.

As for relative paths, again, you can probably fix this via scripting, but it may be easier to just find every single reference, and just open the navigation gui and click on “relative path” and hit accept to create a relative path.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
9 posts
thank you very much for your help, I created the containers and after that I changed the paths and everything is working!
  • Quick Links