Baking Export_CHOP to keys

11998   11   1
436 posts
Hows is baking of Export_CHOP is done, like in Maya's Bake Channell. So that there is a key at every frame of exported channell.

DR
436 posts
This is kind of silly. I cannot find that function. The one that bakes CHOP data into keyframes for normal graph editing. Where is this command? it should not be this hard to find!

DR
436 posts
I am computing RBD moption for multiple objects in RBD simulation. Once the RBD data is exported out of CHOPs via Particle_CHOP, I still to bake the myuriad of PRS channels into keys so that I can edit the data using Channell Editor. But I cannot dinf a way to bake out all that data. Where is this done?
2199 posts
RMB on your chop, and go to “edit data channels” then click the plus button on the top right…. easy, just impossible to find
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
436 posts
No thats is not it! I need CHOP data dumped into Channell editor. The data still remains in CHOP. Also it unstable as hell. I get Houdini Error hlaf the time.

Its like this. Lets say CHOP is driving transformation channells of an geometry object. I want those channells baked into keyframes, as if there were set manually in Channell Editor.
12429 posts
Its very simple; RMB on the CHOP, go to “Edit Data Channels”

Now click on the “+” sign on the menu bar at the top; choose your fit and click “Copy To Export Destination”.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
7709 posts
I'm just guessing here with no Houdini open. Perhaps the channels are being exported to the same place from where they are fetched leading to infinite recursion errors? If that is the case, then you need to lock the fetch chop first. The second problem that comes to mind is that you first need to make sure you export the channels somewhere first or else the copy won't work.
12429 posts
BTW, Edward - is there a GUI way of performing a chrefit()? I looked all over the Channel Editor for such a menu option and I could not find it anywhere.
11 posts
Hello David,

you can try this:In the Pop_RBD1 choose the methode: cached, then update.

In the chop-viewer in the left corner in the options-box toggle on dots,raw edit tools and frames.Now you can modify the position of the points (value per frame) in the viewer or in the edit data channels editor you can select a single segment or multiple segments and choose as function raw().
436 posts
I am sorry. There is no + and no Fit To Exported Channells option in Edit Data Channell. I am using 6.1.208. There is nothing like this.
12429 posts
It's there. I am running 6.1.208 now.

1/ Go to the CHOP whose channels you want to export.
2/ Right Mouse on the CHOP icon, choose “Edit Data Channels…” from the popup menu
3/ A floating Channel Editor pops up.
4/ On the top of the window, just under the “File>” pulldown menu is a row of buttons that say on the left “Graph” and “0.1” and stuff. On the right side is a button that looks like a plus sign. "“. Click that.
5/ A new popup appears, titled ”Fit Panel“. At the bottom of the this window is ”Copy To Export Destination". The Tolerance slider allows you to set your curve-fit tolerance.
7709 posts
No, the GUI for chrefit isn't there yet. I know, it would make things a lot easier for these type of tasks.
  • Quick Links