How can i develop a new network type?

2772   5   1
53 posts
For some reason ,our studio want to develop a completely different computing architecture,and hold a series of custom nodes, these nodes can hold ,create ,and manipulate houdini's existing prim type,and surpport like custom type of data,choosable input copy/reference/parallel-process….etc.
How can i write a custom network type?
Is there a example to show how to define those virtual function inherited from OP_Network like sidefx's implementation of SOP_Node.h?
I didn't find any HDK example demonstrate a new network.
1908 posts
Unfortunately there is no way to currently do this.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
53 posts
Ohhh!!!
543 posts
liuxiaolin
<SNIP>

Why not just create new SOP nodes? You're wanting to work on some sort of “geometry” right? If you want to work with any arbitrary type of data you can always create a new CHOP node, or maybe you need to create a new DOP or POP node because of time varying issues. It's all quite flexible. Or write your own output driver as a ROP or through the python SOHO bindings.

You aren't clear enough on the type of data & processing requirements.
========================================================
You are no age between space
53 posts
xionmark
liuxiaolin
<SNIP>

Why not just create new SOP nodes? You're wanting to work on some sort of “geometry” right? If you want to work with any arbitrary type of data you can always create a new CHOP node, or maybe you need to create a new DOP or POP node because of time varying issues. It's all quite flexible. Or write your own output driver as a ROP or through the python SOHO bindings.

You aren't clear enough on the type of data & processing requirements.

SOP not good enough(some must copy input data,some are single thread..etc),POP too.
Some kind of trouble occurs bcz diffrent processing method between SOP and our idear, and we don't want to compatible with any XOP. We would like to hold our nodes in one subnet,inside any modifier node that it's maybe a Dopnode if we want to integrate with DOP.

We really hope houdini can support this.
7725 posts
If you just want to use Houdini as a glorified network editor, then perhaps VOPs?
  • Quick Links