Weird crash problem

3185   2   1
295 posts
I notice that when I'm editing SOPs, I'm getting frequent crashes, and I'm not sure why. The crash can occur when I middle click on a SOP, or start adding more SOPs to the network. I've attached a sample file that does this (at least for me) to see if anyone else experiences weird behavior, or it's just me. The crash from Houdini gives me the dialog telling me where the tmp file was saved to, but then it's impossible to close the dialog or Houdini without resorting to Task Manager to kill it (this didn't used to be the case with crashes in Houdini, you could always close the warning dialog, and that would in turn close houdini).

Can anyone else reproduce this with this file? Any suggestion as to how to avoid this?

Platform: windows-x86_64-cl15
Number of Cores: 8
Physical Memory: 11.99 GB

OpenGL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: Quadro 4000/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0
OpenGL Shading Language: 4.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Detected: NVidia Professional
2048 MB

Attachments:
halltest_errs.hipnc (163.2 KB)

Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
2624 posts
I have also had a few hard rashes ie . poly extrude > adjust > Q key to repeat the operation > select face > crash. It does not happen all the time and currently with OSX 10.7.3 . The problem is nailing the exact steps it takes to crash.

Rob
Gone fishing
295 posts
OK, thanks for checking. Good to hear that someone else is encountering weird crashes. My concern is that H10 was *super* solid in this department, and since I've gotten H12 I've noticed weird bits like this.
*However* I've also gotten a new graphics card, and I wonder if there's any issues with the card that could cause this? No other software that I use exhibits any problems though since the card upgrade.
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
  • Quick Links