Building FK&IK Controls Issue

2555   3   0
5 posts
I am following characterRigging series and am deadly trying to set up FK and IK controls with a given *pyc.file that is supposed to be placed in a python folder according to the characterRigging tutorial.

Once I place it in the folder, this “Bad magic number error” message comes up. I've tried to make it both on houdini 12 and 11 and none of them worked with the same error message. What should I do?

Please help me!
5 posts
Hi all,

It's me again. I've just checked that building FK&IK Controls in houdini 10 with the python file is properly working with no bad magic number message. This just makes feel so numb by the fact that I've been struggling with this problem in houdini 12 and 11 for almost a week and now it's just simply working in houdini 10!
(I guess this problem arises from the fact that houdini 12 uses the version of python 2.6, whereas houdini 10 uses the version 2.5)

So Now, what's matter for me is how to set up FK&IK Controls in the lastest version of houdini 12 with the given *.pyc file with DVD which is made for python2.5.

Any Idea?
7733 posts
What is your .pyc file supposed to do in H10? Keep in mind, that we really have no idea about which tutorial/DVD you're talking about. Even then, you have to assume that we haven't seen it.
599 posts
kokoda777
So Now, what's matter for me is how to set up FK&IK Controls in the lastest version of houdini 12 with the given *.pyc file with DVD which is made for python2.5.

Any Idea?

You can set the environment variable HOUDINI_PYTHON_VERSION to 2.5 to force Houdini to use Python 2.5 instead of 2.6.

However, there is no guarantee that the Python bytecode file will do anything useful, due to changes in Houdini from version to version.

You could also try emailing the author of those DVDs to ask for the original Python source files.
Halfdan Ingvarsson
Senior Developer
Side Effects Software Inc
  • Quick Links