Shader for Pyro

2774   4   0
50 posts
Hi Guys ,I am newbie for Houdini and I am trying to create a Pyro effect from scratch but unfortunately I am unable to change/apply new shader to the effect.
1) Can I also apply the already built in pyro 2 shaders such as flame etc. to my pyro effect. If yes please share how I can do that?
390 posts
Go into the SHOP context, and tab ‘pyro’. Then apply this to your object containing your simmed volumes. Just make sure that each field is mapped to the controls in the shader that your expecting.
50 posts
Thanks zdimaria for your help, I have tried what you told but some how it is not working and on rendering it is showing same white render,I suppose I miss something but unfortunately I am unable to find out where did I go wrong.I have uploaded the file for your consideration and hope that you can point out my mistakes.
Also can we apply flame or other shader the same way ?

Attachments:
shader.hip (1.3 MB)

50 posts
Thank you I found out what I was missing
I was not applying shader to import Pyro built.
If I am incorrect please let me know.
390 posts
I havent looked at the file but yes that is correct. You want to apply the shader to the Geometry Object that contains your volumes. The shelf should set up something like ‘import_pyro_builds’ with a dopfield import sop inside. This is where you would want to apply the shader, unless you saved your sim to disk, and are using a file sop to import it into another geometry object, in which case you would want to apply it to that object.
  • Quick Links