FLIP VISCOSITY BY PROXIMITY

6614   6   3
15 posts
I would like to locally increase the viscosity of a FLIP Fluid by proximity to a solid object.

Is there anything similar to the attribute transfer node that I could use in the DOP Network to locally change viscosity?

Where would I connect it in the network?
50 posts
You could literally use an attribute transfer.

Throw down a sop solver and plug it into the second input on the flip solver (particle velocity)

In the sop solver the dop_geometry sop will import your particles at the current frame of the simulation. Just object merge in the geo you want to attribute transfer from, and use an attribute transfer to update the viscosity attribute on your particles.
15 posts
Thank you, that worked out great.
120 posts
let me join this thread with similar question

Lets say I want to increase Gravity/Bouancy if particles are close to some object. (also FLIP solver).

Lets say I create some attribute in SOP Solver and then, can I use this attribute per particle in Force node ?
Michal Tas Maciejewski @ www.vfxtricks.com
50 posts
I think the easiest way to do that would be to create a “force” in the sopsolver by adding to the particles' velocity or acceleration.
696 posts
tas3d
let me join this thread with similar question

Lets say I want to increase Gravity/Bouancy if particles are close to some object. (also FLIP solver).

Lets say I create some attribute in SOP Solver and then, can I use this attribute per particle in Force node ?

Or else you can add to the velocity of the particle as a force would, inside the SOP solver.
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
15 posts
You could convert your geometry into a Volume, create an offset to the volume, and use that Volume as a mask for any kind of field like gravity. That should do the trick with particles, FLIP Fluids and Fluids.
  • Quick Links