Issues of Boudery Artifacts while using Pyro Cluster

4100   1   0
6 posts
Hi There, I want to know if there is a solution to this problem. I get seams or artifacts at the Borders of the container when I try to do Pyro Clustering. To explain my problem more clearly I have attached 2 images below. I posted this question on other forums but was not able to get a lot of feedback on this.Hope I get some answer here.

Attachments:
seams1.jpg (116.3 KB)
seams2.jpg (65.1 KB)

12 posts
I was using the Pyro Cluster recently and had this issue. The problem comes from the size of the individual Pyro objects created by the clusters. Whatever size the shelf tool sets them at is the maximum size that the Resize Container DOP will allow them to be, by default. I found two solutions for this:

1. You can just turn off Clamp To Maximum Size on the Resize Container node, under the Max Bounds tab. This will allow the resize to always keep the container larger than the control field (usually set to Density). The problem with this is that it can eventually get big enough to cover the entire sourcing object, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the Cluster.

2. The initial size of the containers is determined by the Scale point attribute on the instance points. In the SOP level, inside the Whatever_sourcepts node that was automatically created by the shelf tool, where it sets up the clusters, you can alter the Scale attribute to make them bigger. Again, go too big and you're defeating the purpose of using clusters.

I think this is a tool that still has some bugs to be worked out by SESI. This issue is kind of inherent because where the containers overlap, you're going to automatically get more Density, Heat, etc., because the same section of the source geometry is sourcing fuel in two separate containers. Keep in mind that how you render the fields can help with this issue as well. Not all the density you see in the viewport will necessarily show up in the render, depending on how you set up the shader, so you can get rid of those border issues that way, too.

Good luck
  • Quick Links