Baking out RBD Object on multiple machines

1881   3   1
142 posts
Im trying to cache out a moving collision object (deforming character) to a .sim file sequence on multiple machines on our farm using a dop rop. The problem is that because im pointing my dop rop to the RBD object in Dynamics context when a machine tries to cook frame 10 it does all the lead up frames to get to frame 10 (which makes sense because im in dops!)
I tried saving out an SDF from sops but that didnt seem to load up correctly in the RBD object.
What is the proper workflow to create a collision volume from sops that works in dops?
2624 posts
Hi,
The file extension should be .simdata . Next instead of trying to write the data as you run the simulation. I use a iso offset SOP , set to SDF and then in the file tab I write the .simdata out. Then in DOPs I just point to that file.

Rob
Gone fishing
142 posts
Ok, Ive given that a try, and it works ok. But how do I send that to the farm? I cant see any Drivers that will handle writing out simdata from the iso offset sop.
I have written a few deadline nodes for our farm that are all in ROPs so it would be good to deal with saving the simdata files from there.
Thanks!
142 posts
I got a working netsim workflow from solitude in his reply here:
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/16332-baking-out-rbd-object-on-multiple-machines/#entry100075 [forums.odforce.net]
Thanks for the help
  • Quick Links