how to transform the planes to xy coordinate

2879   3   1
111 posts
Hi there, I want to make a city using modified cubes, then there comes the problems with facades. And my idea is to transform each vertical face of these cubes to the xy coordinate planes and making some subdivides on it. So how can I make it working, maybe some vop solution. Thanks for someone if he could offer some help

Attachments:
city cube.hip (72.8 KB)

16 posts
You can use a foreach to apply any modifications to every faces. In my example, I use a foreach to work on every faces of these cubes separatly, and inside this foreach, after subdivising the face, I'm using another foreach to create 4 windows.
Maybe not the best way to do this, but hope it can help.

(And why not using instances rather than copy sop ?)

Attachments:
city_cube_163b.hip (86.7 KB)

111 posts
hi insania:
That is very nice of you. I check the hip, it is very helpful. But I think I did not make myself clear. What I want to archive is more complex operation, which will measure the height and width of the face of each object, and do some operation based on real world architecture rules. So the best way is maybe to transform each face to x,y coordinate first. Then I could use any geometries from any software more then Houdini. And my procedure will be much simpler. But thank you again for your help 8)
197 posts
3 Things:
Try factoring in the measure sop into the foreach solution.

Go to http://www.cmivfx.com/ [cmivfx.com] They have videos on this.

What you are asking for is a complete solution to a problem, I've done this before and it's not the way to go about it, you can ask for advice but you will never really get what you want because only you know exactly.
  • Quick Links