Flame Thrower Help

6006   5   0
79 posts
Hello Everyone

I have created a flame thrower effect http://vimeo.com/53442745 [vimeo.com] with fumefx , now i want to create the same effect with houdini pyro, i ve been learning houdini from last few months, now I want to jump in completely with this flame thrower effect.

i am trying to get this effect with same approach in which random spheres are stamp in particle source as pyro source object. File is attached.

I have few questions
1- How do I control my sphere size with linear ramp like small in the beginning & large at the end.
2- How to render these out with separate passes.

Looking forward to Suggestions & advices.

:roll:

Attachments:
Fire_Particle.hip (1.3 MB)

FX - Artist / TD
1390 posts
http://www.orbolt.com/asset/SideFX::flamethrower [orbolt.com]
79 posts
very nice example. it helped alot esp to learn vop network, idea of using particle fluid surface before assigning it to fuel vol is impressive as i was stuck with particle sourcing before knowing that thing …. still doing r&d with pyro and this tool .. i hope ll end up with some nice renders.

Thanks Symek!!
FX - Artist / TD
79 posts
whenever i drop pyro shader in my shop network it gives me an error which is attached in image file.

Attachments:
err.jpg (327.5 KB)

FX - Artist / TD
224 posts
The parameter's Label is: FireDensityBlend2interp
Try to find it and remove / change the expression. I noticed that when I drop down a Pyro shader, that parameter doesn't contain an expression.

Regarding the rendering of passes, the shader has under utils > exports various exports available that can be rendered to seperate image planes or images. On mantra nodes (mantra > properties > output) you can specify x amount of image planes to be rendered. Simply copy over the names mentioned on the pyro shader (ie: smoke_color).

Hope that helps!
Senior Technical Artist Guerrilla Games
79 posts
thanks for telling about shading passes technique i will definitely try those out after resolving this issue…..as i couldnt figure out how to remove/ change these troubling expressions

i ve found sc_cm_cmodel ,ec_cm_cmodel and firedensityblend , but i dont know wat i need to change to make it workable

:?

Attachments:
pyro_shading_network.png (305.9 KB)
firedensityblend.png (274.4 KB)
sc_cm_cmodel.png (272.9 KB)
ec_cm_cmodel.png (304.9 KB)

FX - Artist / TD
  • Quick Links