Character Animation Principle

1915   1   1
15 posts
OK here is My Question > since Character Animation on Houdini not so clear so i thought about watching Maya based tutorial and try to apply that on Houdini .

what you think about that ? is Animation Principle same no mater what the software type ?

also is there any way we can Import maya rigs into Houdini ? the tutorial I'm planing to buy Provide Character rigs so i wonder if we can use that rig inside Houdini as well
Staff
2540 posts
LiveCycle
OK here is My Question > since Character Animation on Houdini not so clear so i thought about watching Maya based tutorial and try to apply that on Houdini .

what you think about that ? is Animation Principle same no mater what the software type ?

Yes the techniques are pretty much the same no matter the application. Just different implementations of the various techniques.

also is there any way we can Import maya rigs into Houdini ? the tutorial I'm planing to buy Provide Character rigs so i wonder if we can use that rig inside Houdini as well

If you export your rigs out of Maya with fbx and then import in to Houdini, you will get the character rig with Houdini's version of skinning (Capture and Deform SOPs) and CHOPs for the IK solvers.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links