Houdini Embers and Ash Problem

5750   4   1
310 posts
This question is meant for someone who has actually completed this tutorial. Upon trying to finish the melting effect, I ran into an issue where the legoman's viscocity isn't being set correctly. I have followed all the steps in the tutorial, and have come to the same result multiple times.

We are using a beam to transfer viscocity to the point in our legoman, however we start with a viscocity of 0, so our legoman melts to the ground, when he should remain stationary.

Theoretically, the legoman should start at a high viscocity, with the beam removing viscocity at the contact point. It seems like the tutor has reversed this process, starting with no viscocity and having the beam add it. This process seems backwards to me.

If anyone could provide any information, I would be deeply appreciative.. Thanks for reading.

-Joseph
1391 posts
I don't know why you have problem with this tutorial ,It's works good for me.

Maybe you forgot to reset simulation after each change in the Dopnetwork !

By the way I made a simple project about this effect for you, maybe it's can help you.

I used Viscosity Attr in the SopSolver

Attachments:
EmbersAndAshProblem.hip (972.4 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
310 posts
Thanks for the response (and the project file) Unfortunately I wasn't able to resolve my problem even with the file. I'm going to try and go through the melt effect part of the tutorial again and see if I can resolve it that way. Thanks
2 posts
Hi, i also followed that tutorial and things worked for me, remeber that you need to create an attribute called viscosity in the object source and tell the solver to use it, cant remember how exactly now but is explained well in the tut.
Additionally i think the initial value for that attribute is 1000000. not 0.
premini
304 posts
Exactly, you are not following the tutorial correctly.
He uses an attrib create and adds 1000000 as initial viscosity to the legoman, and then uses the beam to propagate a value of 1
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
  • Quick Links