Bullet demolition, someone help me, please.

2278   2   1
4 posts
Hi all, I am doing an exercise with Bullet, I have a window glass with window frames that are impact for a ball, the window frames separately fine, but the crystals are separated burst and before the impact of the ball.

to see if any expert tell me how I can do to achieve proper simulation.

thanks. :roll:

Attachments:
ball_hipnc.rar (223.6 KB)

12 posts
Hi Tamariz,

First thing come to my mind, was to animate gravity or switching rigid body solver to ON at certain frame. But on second thought, I guess you also want to have a dynamic ball or bullet that smash into window. And above options will not work in this situation.

Following are the changes I have applied to your scene, also attaching the houdini and movie file. Although it might be not the only way or best way to do it but as work around you might use it. Only problem I see in this fix is that there is still slight movement on pieces but they hold together and I hope that can be fixed in comp by swaping the clean glass render to dynamic renders at hit frame.

1. changed Uniform Divisions for marcos under collision tab
2. changed Rotional Stiffness for cristales_h on physical tab
3. changed Penetration Threshold for rigidbodysolver on bullet tab

I hope it might help you or you find another solution.

Attachments:
window.mov (938.9 KB)
ball_demolition_fix.hipnc (1.2 MB)

4 posts
Hi 3d-Gang, thanks a lot, works very well, that was to animate gravity or switching rigid body solver to ON at certain frame I tried it and it does not work, your setup make it work.

I also see an animated “static object” causes the simulation does not work. Something wrong with this configuration?, Should always be objects with inertia and not imported from other software?

I can not believe that there is an option in “bullet” to enable the simulation at the time of the collision.

Thanks, I hope to see of the forum, I'll upload progress of work and if you need anything let me know.
  • Quick Links