Stamp question.

2649   3   0
21 posts
Hey guys,
I just start to learning Houdini and like other newbies have a lot of questions without answers.
So, I have a grid and object randomly placed with scatter node. In the stamp tab of copy node I have created a variable - customRotation with value - rand($PT)*360 and use it in the rotation Y ofthe translate node - stamp(“../randCopyNode”, “ customRotation”, 0) and it works perfectly. Now I want do the same with scaleY channel. I create customScaleY variable with value rand($PT) and us it in the same translate node in the scaleY channel -
stamp(“../randCopyNode”, “ customScaleY”, 1) , but nothing happens. If I change a value 1 to other random value the objects scales using this input value, no random scale is happening. What I'm missing? If I understand correctly, rand($PT) gives random value between 0,1, so why scaleY don't understands it?
390 posts
could you post the file? this usually happens when the stamp inputs checkbox is not checked. if its using the value 1, or whatever is in its place, it means that the stamp cant find the value youre telling it to look for.
21 posts
Thank you for your reply! I'm sorry, it was syntax error I wrote. What a shame ops:
The variable name was incorrect – “customScaleX”, and should be “customScaleY”.
194 posts
that's not a shame! everyone who ever programs a computer has done the same thing at least 50 times…

12++
  • Quick Links