If statements with strings & render overrides

1834   3   0
32 posts
Hi there, sorry for the load of questions (project deadline approaching…), but I am trying to setup a rendering setup and I am encountering some problems.

First, I am trying to setup the Output Picture value so that it saves either to disk or display using mplay by checking a parameter I called “vFlipbook”, so this is the condition I entered:
if (ch(“vFlipbook”) == 0, `chs(“../vRenderPath”)``chs(“../vRenderName”)``$OS`“_$F.tiff”, ip)
with no luck. The two individual conditions work if entered separately, so the problem lies within the statement I think. I trying ``ing the whole sentence, but no success.

The other problem is regarding render overrides: how come that if I setup some overrides through the render control of a mantra node, like settting the resolution on half, it works, yet if if set them in a subsequent merge/null node (which, according to the settings, should act on all inputs as well) they don't work and render at the original resolution?

Many thanks in advance for your patience!
2624 posts
MegaLeon
First, I am trying to setup the Output Picture value so that it saves either to disk or display using mplay by checking a parameter I called “vFlipbook”, so this is the condition I entered:
if (ch(“vFlipbook”) == 0, `chs(“../vRenderPath”)``chs(“../vRenderName”)``$OS`“_$F.tiff”, ip)

Close ! See the example file, the null acts as a toogle for the path. To be honest I am not even sure why you would need to toggle between ip and a path, as even with a path you can preview the render from the view mantra button in the view port menu.

Rob

Attachments:
rse_render_ifs.hip (120.6 KB)

Gone fishing
32 posts
circusmonkey
Close ! See the example file, the null acts as a toogle for the path. To be honest I am not even sure why you would need to toggle between ip and a path, as even with a path you can preview the render from the view mantra button in the view port menu.
Rob

Many thanks! Those string combination are always hard to get right. And you're right about the preview, but I was just curious about the correct solution as a friend of mine tried to help me as well without success.

Does anyone have a clue about overriding which doesn't override?
2624 posts
Post up a scene file it might better help explain what you are trying to achieve.

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links